St Munchin’s is a Parish Catholic Primary School – not a private school. Catholic schools exist to further the mission of the Church. Priority for enrolment is given to Catholics who witness the Catholic faith in their homes and who participate regularly in the life of a worshipping community.
Acceptance of children will be at the discretion of the Principal, in line with the “Student Enrolment Policy (1994)” issued by the Catholic Education Ofﬁce of W.A.
An application for enrolment form must be completed, as fully as possible, for every child enrolled. Provision for bookings for children to be enrolled in future years is available.
Before an application can be considered, the following conditions must be met:
- Parents/guardians are required to complete in full the enrolment form
- Arrange an interview with the Parish Priest Fr Dariusz SDS. (Parish Phone: 9398 2331 Tue-Fri 9.30am to 1.30pm)
- Parents/guardians must provide birth and Baptismal certiﬁcates and immunisation records
- Parents/guardians and the children to be enrolled attend an interview with the Principal.
During the interview
- The Catholic /religious focus and priority of the school is outlined
- The learning/social and any specials needs of the child/ren are discussed
- Parents/guardians must be prepared to accept the conditions of enrolment fully in respect to each and every child.
Enrolment does not automatically follow as a result of an application. Because there are limits to class sizes, children may have to be placed on waiting lists.
Applications will be considered in the following order of priority:
Criteria for Enrolment
- Catholic students from the Parish with a Parish Priest Reference
- Catholic students from outside the Parish with a Parish Priest Reference
- Other Catholic students
- Siblings of non-Catholic students
- Non-Catholic students from other Christian denominations
- Other Non-Catholic Students
Parents, on enrolment of their children in St Munchin’s Catholic School need to:
- Be supportive of a full Catholic Education for their child.
- Realise that Kindergarten / Pre-Primary is a very necessary ﬁrst step in the education of their child, and necessitates the child continuing in Year 1 at this school.
- Support the educational and spiritual programme of the school.
- Pay school fees, except in cases of genuine hardship, where alternative arrangements may be made by appointment with the principal. Associated with the school fees are a Building Levies and Amenities Fee.
- Levies and associated fees are non-refundable.
- Work cooperatively with and within the school.
- Be actively involved in the life of the school.
- Ensure their child attends school in correct and FULL school uniform, maintained in good repair, thus encouraging development of the school community pride and self-discipline.
Each application for enrolment will be considered individually. The ﬁnal decision on acceptance is at the discretion of the Principal.
This policy is reviewed from time to time to reﬂect the directions of the Archbishop/Catholic Education Ofﬁce.